Preparing for your virtual appointment
Due to this difficult time with Covid-19, we are offering the option of scheduling online/virtual appointments for all patients. This means that using your mobile device, tablet, or computer, you can connect directly with Dr. Kim for an appointment. Please call our office or book below to set up a virtual appointment. Prescriptions will be electronically sent to your pharmacy of choice during this appointment.
The following must be completed at least 24 hours prior to your virtual appointment or your appointment will be subject to an automatic cancellation
1. Book your appointment online or by contacting us
2. Fill out our patient portal (see below for instructions)
2. Before your appointment, please send a copy of your photo ID (such as driver's license) and a copy of the front/back of your insurance card to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Click here to read our virtual appointment policy below.
3. Payment will be due before your appointment (we will email you with this information)
• If your insurance requires a referral from your primary physician, you will need to have your PCP send us the referral to allow us to see you.
• Full payment is due at time of your appointment for all services performed which includes your co-pay, co-insurance &/or unmet deductible depending on your plan's benefits. We will email you with the estimated cost of your visit.
• If you have a balance or would like to pre-pay your co-pay or cost of the visit, please make your payment on our secure payment site:
Virtual Waiting Room
1. You must ensure that you have a strong, stable internet connection before your appointment. The appointment will be cancelled if your internet connection is not stable.
2. There will be a chat function in the virtual video visit if audio fails.
3. Your appointment will be confirmed AFTER all the above items are completed in entirety. Please do not join the waiting room if you have pending/uncompleted items as nobody will join this visit from our office.
4. Once you have completed all items, then your appointment will be confirmed, and you may join this waiting room by clicking on this link at your appointment time.
We look forward to taking care of you! Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
• Credit Card on File Policy:
It is our office financial policy to keep a credit card on file for all patients.
We will keep the credit card that you make your payment with for your credit card on file for any refunds and/or balances once your insurance processed your visit. You may request to keep a separate credit card on file.
• No-Show/ Missed Appointment/ Late Appointment Policy:
There is a $50 automatic cancellation fee for any no-shows or missed appointments without a 24 hour notification and a $100 automatic no-show/missed appointment fee for Saturday appointments without a 24 hour notification. Patients who arrive more than 10 minutes after their schedule appointment time will be considered a missed appointment. Patients who have 2 "no-shows" or "missed appointments" will be subject to termination from the practice.
•Virtual Appointment Policy:
To run efficiently on time and to be thorough with your consultation, we have implemented our appointment policy.
Your appointment will be to address ONLY ONE of the following:
1. One main concern (acne, eczema, rash, psoriasis, hair loss, itchy skin, etc)
2. Two minor concerns (spot check, suspicious lesion)
Any other skin concerns will require an additional, separate appointment.
• No Tolerance Policy
At Clarity Dermatology, our goal is to serve the community with the highest quality of dermatologic care. If you are non-compliant with our office policies, non-compliant with payments that are due, disrespectful to any of our staff members, you will be automatically terminated and discharged from our practice.