For virtual appointments, click here
Preparing for your appointment
We look forward to your upcoming appointment at Clarity Dermatology. In order to coordinate your care safely & effectively, please complete and review the following:
*All patients must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose for their appointment. Please click here to review our office policies for Covid safety.
Please bring the following items with you during the day of your appointment:
• Government-issued photo ID
• Your insurance card (unless self-pay)
• Form of payment (a credit card is required to be kept on file for refunds/balances)
• For established patients, please let us know if there are any changes to your insurance before your visit.
(*You may email us your photo ID and insurance card (front/back) to to expedite your check-in)
• Payment is due at the time of service
• If your insurance requires a referral from your primary physician, you will need to have your PCP send us the referral to allow us to see you.
• Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
*REQUIRED*: Completed Patient Portal
• In order to maintain a limited lobby capacity, you are required to complete the check-in process on the portal prior to your appointment.
• Sadio is our patient portal that makes check-in process easy and where you can access the details of your past appointments. You will receive login information via email from "" once you schedule an appointment with Clarity Dermatology and Cosmetic Center.
• You must verify your email. Then, create a username & password and register through Sadio. All intake questions must be answered. Once you verify your email, all appointment reminders will be sent from "."
• The patient portal must be completed in entirety or your appointment will be subject to an automatic cancellation.
• Click on the upper right hand corner on "Appointments" to view and sign consents before your appointment. You may e-mail a copy of your insurance card (front/back) and form of ID to our HIPAA compliant email address at
Click here for a step by step guide on how to fill out our patient portal
• Full payment is due at time of your appointment for all services performed which includes your co-pay, co-insurance &/or unmet deductible depending on your plan's benefits.
• If you have a balance or would like to pre-pay your co-pay or cost of the visit, please make your payment on our secure payment site:
• If you would like to make a payment over the phone please call us at (626) 509-9449
10 Congress Street, Suite 350
Pasadena, CA 91105
• Parking: Parking is located right in front of our building in the Pasadena Medical Plaza. The entrance to this parking lot is off of Fair Oaks.
Insurance Plans Accepted
• We recommend that prior to scheduling an appointment with Dr. Kim, that you call your insurance provider and verify that we are in network for your insurance.
• It is your responsibility to check that your insurance is active and that your insurance plan is in-network with our practice. If your insurance does not cover your visit, you will be financially responsible for the whole cost of the visit.
• If you have an HMO insurance, it is your responsibility to make sure that you have an active referral and/or authorization for all office visits and/or procedures.
Insurance Plans that we accept:
• Anthem Blue Cross
• Blue Shield of California
• United Healthcare
• First Health/Coventry
• Prime Health
• TriCare for Life
• Railroad Medicare
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield
• Regal/Lakeside •Optum/HealthCare Partners
• Credit Card on File Policy:
It is our office financial policy to keep a credit card on file for all patients.
We will keep the credit card that you make your payment with for your credit card on file for any refunds and/or balances once your insurance processed your visit. You may request to keep a separate credit card on file.
• No-Show/ Missed Appointment/ Late Appointment Policy:
There is a $50 automatic cancellation fee for any no-shows or missed appointments without a 24 hour notification and a $100 automatic no-show/missed appointment fee for Saturday appointments without a 24 hour notification. Patients who arrive more than 10 minutes after their schedule appointment time will be considered a missed appointment. Patients who have 2 "no-shows" or "missed appointments" will be subject to termination from the practice.
To run efficiently on time and to be thorough with your consultation, we have implemented our appointment policy.
Your appointment will be to address ONLY ONE of the following:
1. One main concern (acne, eczema, rash, psoriasis, hair loss, itchy skin, etc)
2. Two minor concerns (spot check, suspicious lesion)
3. Skin check (For patients with a extensive history of sun exposure/tanning/sunburns/skin-damage, history/family history of skin cancer, multiple nevi)
There are no exceptions, and 1, 2, 3 cannot be combined.
• No Tolerance Policy
At Clarity Dermatology, our goal is to serve the community with the highest quality of dermatologic care. If you are non-compliant with our office policies, non-compliant with payments that are due, disrespectful to any of our staff members, you will be automatically terminated and discharged from our practice.